I have always had a spanking fetish, since as a young teenager, and possibly earlier.
I was always able to find spanking stories, long before the internet existed. Certain men's magazines (like Mr) had letters to the editors about spanking. Then along came Penthouse (with a guaranteed one or two spanking letters, and finally Variations (which always had a feature spanking story, or more. This really ramped up my erotic fantasy about spankings.
As time has progressed, I had a large collection of Janus, Swish, Scarlett Hill magazines. Cindy was not interested in my fetish, so I kept it hidden for many years, specially with children at home.
We never spanked our children.
My first desires was to be the spanker, but deep down I was realizing that either spanker or spankee was fine, as the same erotic reaction occured when reading about spanking. If a woman was spanking a man, I could imagine I was being spanked. If a man was spanking a woman, I was the spanker. However, if a woman was spanking a woman, I was an interested spectator.
The first spanking article I can remember was in a Midnight newspaper, where a woman was the spanker, and once a year the male writer would look forward to be taken into the private room to be spanked AND MORE! The and more did the trick and I was hooked.
As time progressed with Scarlett Hill magazines, I purchased as many of them as I could.
but specifically I started to purhase every NNL (No Nonsense Ladies) that existed, plus spank happy wives, red cheeked collection. and she's the boss, and others including f/f and M/f, but overwhelmingly F/M.
The embarrassment of being spanked in front of someone else also gave a thrill, and has been a part of my fetish.
I have still enjoyed them over the years, but discarded them as the internet flourished with spanking material.
The disciplinarywivesclub.com sealed the deal to online information.
Before continuing on a walk down memory lane with discussing how the internet enhanced and progressed my spanking desires, I will give anoyone interested a chance to answer the question posed in the heading!
Did you read spanking magazines in your youth
bottoms up
Red
I didn't discover a spanking interest until I was in my late 30s, by which time a lot of the magazines you identify were long gone. So, the simple answer is no.
ReplyDeleteI was a pretty avid reader of Variations, but strangely, I don't have a specific memory of reading much spanking content there. I suspect the reason I don't remember it is that when I did discover a spanking interest, it was tied to a segment on HBO's old Real Sex series that specifically included a wife spanking a husband. That triggered an interest, but it was fairly mild. Not long after, I too discovered The Disciplinary Wives Club, and that one hit me like a ton of bricks. Unlike all the other spanking material I'd read or seen, that one involved the combination of (a) domestic situations, not specifically fetish-like scenes; (b) Female/male spankings; and (c) real spankings as real punishment for real offenses. Of those three elements, the last was the most important. I think the reason I don't remember Variations is undoubtedly that most of the stories involved women being spanked, and few involved being spanked for real behavior problems.
I do wish those old magazines were still widely available. I've searched for them on eBay, but I've never found any collection for sale.
Yes, many of the variations stories were M/F, but simply spanking turned me on, and my thoughts of being the spanker.Cindy ceertainly changed that when she agreed to try spanking as a problem solving method.
DeleteSadly, I basically threw away these magazines that would now have value, just like we did with baseball cards, etc.
bottoms up
Red
I'm still mad at my mother for throwing away my comic book collection. ;-)
DeleteI remember seeing Variations in my teen years, but was too cowardly to buy it. I did read one story when I saw one several years later in a variety store, but any reference to spanking had been edited out and replaced with, of all things, "lip balm".
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Hermione
truly funny . lip balm! Being much older than you, I would buy them, but rather quickly and leave. Red
DeleteNo, but I would have if I'd have known that they existed. I found a few things over the years to read. I got 9 1/2 weeks in my early 20's. But mostly I had to wait for the internet.
ReplyDeleteThe internet has certainly increased my consumption of spankng thoughts and ideas, and other things. Red
DeleteYes, I was an avid Penthouse letters reader, and very interested in spanking stories when I was at boarding school. Variations was much less available than Penthouse, but did see a couple. I would like to have some of those magazines still!
ReplyDeleteThe writing would probably be laughable now, when describing spankings. I also would scan the letters tot he editors in Penthouse to see if any were about spanking, and tif it did then I would buy it. red
DeleteMy obsession began pre puberty and intensified thereafter. After one successful and several unsuccessful attempts to engage in spanking, I found a woman who was willing and eventually very eager to discipline me - spanking and much more.
ReplyDeleteI did have one exciting experience as a spanker at age 13 - leading up to my first time making out and reaching third base. Sadly it was on vacation and I never saw her again.
For many years, I bought every issue of Penthouse Variations and scanned for spanking stories. At some point there was also Whap! (Women who administer punishment), but it didn’t last long.
- Rosco
interesting that you had experiences when younger. i wonder if their sales went up significantly when they had spanking in the magazine! I loved Scarlett Hill productions. Red
Deletesoemhow I can only reply as anomymous! So I then write Red. Thanks for the coments. Red
ReplyDeleteI have had the spanking bug as a child. I remember seeing an illustration in the nursery rhyme book of the old woman and the shoe thrashing a child over her lap. It grew from there. Yes I bought every spanking magazine available to me as well as variations and penthouse. Spank and Spank Hard were the most available in my area.
ReplyDeleteBill